Faculty of education
Underline the connotations, collocations and figurative collocations in the following sentences, then write the type of each:
- This new car is not a boring repeat in sight.
- The mother advised her daughter to get the most from her lectures.
- In this section, you will find a mix of warming suppers and lunches for when the weather turns cold, and inspiring dishes.for the dinner party season.
- Prepare-ahead to save time and effort.
- The feta cheese worked really well with rosemary and it tasted really special.
- This store brings you seriously creamy luxury yogurt with a taste inspired by the continent.
- Lead a double life with a clear conscious, when you cook a big family size meal in this huge oven.
- You have just filled out your application form, please wait here.
- Some people still believe that restaurant food is good value for money, as they insist on having their meals there.
- When you have got time on your side, choose your subjects carefully and prepare a schedule from scratch.
- But this did not stop us putting together a team of one hundred talented students.
- To give it a professional look, do it on.a PowerPoint presentation.
- The spacious 9.8 liters container has lifetime guarantee, because the lid keeps it warm all the time.
- As a food writer and cookery consultant, he is kept busy with recipe testing and training.
- This month our editor cooks his way through two new books which offer different takes on British cookery.
- If you dismiss many diet books as merely the author's pet theory, you might be interested in one which is grounded in evidence.
- Caerphilly cheese is less a working man's pick me-up, more a candidate for Gordon Ramsay's cheese board.