Faculty of Education
Department: English Course: Error Analysis Code: E426
Level: General Section
School year: Fourth Year Term: 2nd
Test Time: 90 min. Test Points: 120
I. Identify and analyse the errors in the following sentences, based on all the categories you have studied. Don’t forget to correct them all first. (Total: 60 Marks /15 Errors)
- a. She spoke to the men painted the room; and asked them to return back the office against the wall. (4 errors)
- b. Most of students study hardly before exams to succeed. (2 errors)
- c. Untill now, our class have been studying the principals of essay writing. (3 errors)
- d. He is the first of his class and always depend on him self. (3 errors)
- e. Realy, my father is the one who learnt me how to drive good. (3 errors)
II. Point out the types of phonological mistakes in the following. Don’t forget to correct the transcriptions: (30 Marks)
II. Give an example for each of the following types of mistakes, in transcription form, underlying these mistakes: (15 marks)
- a. Intrusion of the glottal stop at word boundaries.
- b. Consonant doubling.
- c. Difficulty in the recognition and production of some vowel sounds.
- d. Vowel length.
- He run to school.
- He had lay on the bed to smoke