First Year Teachers Alexandria University
DRAMA Faculty of Education
Time: Three hours First Term Examination, Feb.2001
Section I: Comment on TWO only of the following quotations:
* Write the name of the play ! *Mention the name(s) of the speaker(s)!
* Describe the occasion on which the speech is said!
* Relate the quotation to its context giving any comment you think necessary!
- (a )................Well,in a seaside resort there’s one thing you must have before anybody can afford to be seen going about with you; and that is a father, alive or dead.
- (b )................I want you to trace a call. A telephone call.Immediately. I don't know where it came from or who was making it ,but it's absolutely necessary that it be tracked down. Because it was about a murder. Yes, a terrible, cold-blooded murder of a poor innocent woman-tonight-at eleven fifteen.
- (c )........... Yes just fancy I He came to propose to you.
...............That's why he got himself up in his tail-coat. The sausage! The shrimp!
............To me? A proposal? Oh!---------Bring him back! Bring him back! Oh,bring him back!
Section II Attempt ANY TWO questions:
5. Why is Sorry,Wrong Number a successful radio play?
6. What is the common theme underlying all the (bur plays you have studied?